Cuba releases details on latest sonic incident

Cuba on Sunday released information on the latest mysterious health incident involving a U.S. diplomat in the country, saying that a U.S. embassy official had fallen ill after hearing “undefined sounds” in her home on May 29. Cuba said it sent investigators who found no evidence suggesting the source of the sounds. U.S. officials said they had pulled two officials from the embassy to be tested for possible brain injuries. The embassy has been operating with a drastically reduced staff since the incidents, which U.S. officials have described as sonic “attacks,” began last year. If “medically confirmed,” the two patients will be the 25th and 26th cases in Cuba, the State Department said. A similar case occurred recently at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China.

Read More
%d bloggers like this: